Self-worth. It’s what drives us or slows us down every day in our lives. What does it take for you to know that you are enough? Some things that help you increase your self-worth are:
- Practicing Gratitude
- When you start noticing more things you are grateful for in your life, the more your mind will start thinking more positively, which in turn will help increase your self-worth.
- Use positive self-talk
- When you can begin to think positively about yourself and everything about you, your brain starts to re-wire itself to fire more of those positive neurons.
- Make sure to take time for yourself
- You are worthy, and need to make sure you are taking care of yourself. By setting aside time for yourself, you are showing yourself that you matter!
- Use mindfulness
- There are so many ways to use mindfulness besides sitting quietly, Mindfulness means paying attention in the moment. You can do this by walking, eating, drawing, and many more mindful activities. By being mindful, like positive self-talk, your brain matter actually changes to look at things more positively, which in turn includes looking at you being worthy!
Here are 20 wonderful quotes that tell you, YOU ARE ENOUGH!
You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody – Maya Angelou
You are enough, and you have everything that you need to make it to your goals. Believe in yourself, be positive, be faithful, be strong and be yourself – Anurag Prakash Ray
Let others take you as you are, or not at all. You are enough right now. You don’t need other people to validate you; you are already valuable – Unknown
Live life. Be brave. Believe in yourself. Be kind to others. Smile daily. Love as much as possible, and always remember, you are enough – Unknown
Talk to yourself like you would someone you love – Brene Brown
You are enough, just as you are. Each emotion you feel, everything in your life, everything you do or do not do…where you are and who you are right now is enough. It is perfect. You are perfect enough – Melanie Jade
Stand Tall, Stand Proud. Know that you are unique and magnificent.
You do not need the approval of others – Jonathan Lockwood Hule
You are enough, Just as you are – Denise Linn
The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are – C.G. Jung
Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we are supposed to be and embracing who we are – Brene Brown
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent – Eleanor Roosevelt
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself – Thich Nhat Hahn
Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves – Pema Chodron
The first step towards being loved is learning to love what you see when you look in the mirror – Tadahiko Nagao
Not one ounce of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me – Quincy Jones
You Are Worthy. Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy – Dr. Wayne Dyer
Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgment of others – Oprah Winfrey
You, yourself, just as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection – Buddha
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think – A.A. Milne
Be happy with who you are and what you do, and you can do ANYTHING you want – Unknown
If you are interested in improving your self-esteem, work on your self-compassion, or want to learn more about how to believe that you are enough, please feel free to contact me
Norine Vander Hooven is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Westlake Village, California, and has been in practice for 30 years. Every person is unique in what fits best for them, and we will work together to see what is right for you. Norine specializes in suicide prevention, depression, anxiety, mindfulness, and trauma. Norine is also EMDR trained and uses this to work with people experiencing a variety of issues. Norine works with youth, adolescents, adults, and families.